Double Twist steel wire mesh is a highly efficient mesh combining ease and flexibility of use with unsurpassed cost-effectiveness. Used around the world for over 60 years, Maccaferri rockfall netting mesh is proven to offer robust, long lasting and cost-effective rockfall protection. On moderately steep slopes, or those where some vegetation may grow, the mesh should be kept as close to the slope as possible. On very steep and/or near vertical slopes, the net must be anchored at the top of the cliff, and left unanchored at the bottom, thereby allowing rocks and debris to fall into a collection ditch at the toe of the slope. A key factor is to have a safe and continuous anchorage at the top.
- Does not unravel if wire breakage occurs making it cost effective with low maintenance requirements
- Flexible and versatile to match existing slope and rock profiles
- Different levels of coating protection for durability in a wide range of environments
- Does not inhibit regrowth of vegetation
Talk to our team about installation methods and referral to expert installers for your project.
- To support design of rockfall protection we offer an advanced suite of software free to our clients.
- To assist engineers with the design process, the Geofabrics team of engineering specialists are available to give technical advice in the use of the software as well as provide training in-house or via seminars.
- Our team can also provide certified design if required.